Why?

I'm tracking down photos, videos, mix tapes and memories of that time and posting them on this blog. It was a fantastic period in my life that I shared with so many. Having not even thought about it for 12 years the sudden rush to pay my respects and share is overwhelming. Please feel free to contribute and enjoy.

George


Thursday, November 12, 2015

Derrick Carter at Tribal Funktion - October 1998

So, as promised, here is Derrick Carter's set at Tribal Funktion from October 1998. Recently recovered and rediscovered. Listen to Part 1 and Part 2. Some real vintage moments here. Track titles are sparse but then again so is our memory. Please feel free to add a title if you know it, although more often than not there's at least two records spinning at any one time. Stick that sync button up yer arse, so to speak (I doubt they even existed then). Sonic time travel at it's best from one of house music's legends. Chicago and Edinburgh never felt so good together. Care, share and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Keep feeding the flashbacks George T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a amazing experience you guys provided for a young group of friends. It was a sad day for edinburghs underground scene when use ended this fine night but what an experience. The after part we had in the cooler was the best party I've had the pleasure of attending. It was still going strong when I left, not alone I must say with a blond I mean fond memory at 8am or was it 10am on the Sunday morning. Would love to see the vhs of that one George.

    ReplyDelete