Why?

I'm tracking down photos, videos, mix tapes and memories of that time and posting them on this blog. It was a fantastic period in my life that I shared with so many. Having not even thought about it for 12 years the sudden rush to pay my respects and share is overwhelming. Please feel free to contribute and enjoy.

George


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Film


I promised this ages ago. A dusted down VHS tape of Tribal Funktion, filmed back in 1997. September the 13th to be exact, Cajmere, a stunning evening. There is an hour and a half on the old video tape but I thought I'd post the last ten minutes. At least for now. The full length film was shot by Kristina Glitters and is in three unedited sections. It's very natural, charming, I see many old faces (or should I say 'young faces') and the mood is ecstatic. I want to be there now, everyday, for ever and give you all a big kiss! Gx



The Venue, Edinburgh rip long

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us George! Tribal was not only the greatest club night ever but a major influence for me when growing up. Incredible memories that will be with us all forever!! Big love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Harry. These memories will be with me forever too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS! THIS CLIP JUST MADE MY LIFE. Andy, Fudge, Pete, Sarah and myself are all in it! BEST FUCKING HOUSE PARTY EVER! Nothing has ever come close in my mind and christ knows i've checked out enough of the contenders. Listen to that crowd hahahahahahaha Insane memories!

    Thanks soooo much for posting G.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chef, for me nothing has come close either. I saw you toward the end of the film and when I first clocked you it made me smile from ear to ear. A Tribal without you does not exist in my memory. When I get my arse in gear and finally head up for a visit I'd love to meet up with you. All the best to you Sir! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn fine evening...(tho spent half of it pinned to the wall watching the lights, digging the tunes due to "microdot madness"...ahem, heady days indeed). You and the Tribal crew brought us edinburgers proper house music and fun times for sure! Pure was getting a bit mid-90s-hcore and TFunction was a breath of funky air for sure. PS someone told me Curtis Cajmere Roberts is now a born again Christian...WTF! Chris (Meeks brother)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS The Venue, Edinburgh
      ...Gone, but never forgotten...fuckin'A...nice one dude, cheers!!

      Delete
  6. Luved pure and tribal and wave...spent almost every weekend there for ten years! !! Rip the venue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that's great. Proper reminder of what it was like to be there. Got a proper rush on just sitting on my sofa. Could you upload the rest of the video at some point? I could happily watch loads more of that.

    ReplyDelete